15 December, 2010

L-O-V-E

 
Sorry for the lack of posting, I was out last week, stuck in bed. But I am back now and ready to blog again.

I was reading Perry Noble's blog this morning where he writes about 1 Corinthians 13. Often quoted as the "love chapter," Noble asks what if we applied the standards there to being a leader. I would say it can be applied to whatever our position is. I am an assistant, but can I look at what is said in 1 Corinthians to how I interact with my boss and co-workers?

He comes up with 15 Questions to ask from the passage. I have highlighted a few:

#3 – “It Does Not Envy” – Am I automatically jealous of anyone who has a great idea and constantly perceive others as a threat to my position? 

#7 – “It Is Not Self Seeking” – Who is this about–really?

#9 – “It Keeps No Record Of Wrongs” – Do I remind people of their past failures or encourage them in their current condition? (Do I refuse to forgive someone for past misunderstandings? Do I give people second, third chances?) 

#13 – “Always Hopes” – Do I always automatically assume the worse or the best about people?  It is amazing what can happen on a staff when the leader believes in the people he leads. (link)


The greatest quality in a leader (or a co-worker) is humility. And that is the heart of love. I can't love myself more than I love you. I can't look out for me and want the best for you. As it is with love, friendship, a walk with God - so it is in the workplace. If we are to be light of the earth - how does that extend to how we interact and treat those we work with?  


No comments:

Post a Comment