14 April, 2011

Getting Started

Hmmmmmmm. Where to start.

With the end date of my job getting closer and closer I am a bit perplexed as to how to break into things. I have read the following advice on numerous sites:

  • Network with other blogs
  • Get exposure on Facebook 
  • Develop a Theme 

This transition has been in the back of my mind for months and now to be starting out. I know it will take time, I know nothing happens over night. I am ready for the uphill battle, but the first steps are always the hardest.

In an effort to not freak out too much at the idea of no income, I applied to several places today for virtual work. This might be an even harder than the business world to break into because it's all over the computer. It is hard to cold-email someone and, with very little tangible "virtual" experience, though, my boss travels A LOT and so I know how to manage someone from a distance. 

It comes slowly. 

My friend told me that my job is to find a job, and that I will probably work harder in the coming months than I have in the last year. But it is exciting to be pursuing something you love. I hope in the coming days the idea will become clearer and I can move in a more confident direction. Right now it just kind of feels like throwing spaghetti on the wall.


Any advice you all would like to share? 


No comments:

Post a Comment